My house is in the R-1 (R-2 or R-3) zone, what does that mean and what am I permitted to do with my property?

R-1, R-2, and R-3 are all residential zones where residential dwellings are the primary permitted use. Details of the “bulk” specifications for each zone and other permitted uses can be found in the Zoning Code; chapter 196, Article V. See the Hoboken Municipal Code link above; Part II; Zoning.

← Back to Knowledge Base