Fill out and return a special event request form at least 30 days prior to your requested event date. Your representative must be present when a meeting is held with our event committee.
5K Races require a 30 day request prior to the event, which will include a planning meeting with Executive Officer Lieutenant John Orrico and Outside Employment Program Lieutenant Anthony Pasculli (201-420-2104) of the Hoboken Police Department. In addition, due to homeland security purposes a minimum of 12 Police Officers are required to be hired for all 5K races.
Rules and Regulations Governing Any Event
- Applications must be received no later than thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- All open flame requests must be approved by the Fire Prevention Bureau (201) 420-2269.
- The applicant shall be responsible to clean the area after the event or a service charge will be assessed.
- The applicant shall be bound by all parks and public property rules and regulations, all applicable ordinances and any and all permit restrictions.
- All persons to whom a permit is issued shall be liable for any loss, damage or injury to any person or persons whatsoever by reason of negligence of the applicant. The City of Hoboken shall not be liable in such instance.
- All events shall be held between the hours of 10:00 am to11:00 pm. (No music is to be played after 10:00 pm).
- All fireworks displays must be approved by the Fire Prevention Bureau.
- The applicant is to purchase an insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the City of Hoboken as co-insured.
- The Mayor and the Public Safety Department have the authority to revoke a permit upon a finding of any violation hereunder or upon good cause.
- Applicants are to adhere to all regulations as stated in Section 58-19 through 58-21.758.21.2BB, NO ALCOHOLIC CONSUMPTION OR CARRYING OF UNSEALED ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTAINERS SHALL BE PERMITTED EXCEPT FOR DESIGNATED AREAS.
Permit Fee: Please make your check or money order payable to the City of Hoboken.